Sunday 23 December 2012

Christmas, Cleaning, and Cooking

Christmas appears to be a full time job at the moment. Its great that we worked and schooled until nearly Christmas as the nest don't get so over excited and bored but on the downside I am so disorganised this year. Consequently I've spent the last 3 days shopping, cleaning, wrapping, planning, washing, ironing and cooking! I think I must nearly be ready now though, especially as these have been put out too...


I do have a couple of things to do tomorrow but then I really am done, I have to be because there really are no more funds left for Christmas now either!

Yesterday I made scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast and realised it was one of the recipes in 'the book' so I took a pic....


Whilst I didn't follow the recipe I checked afterwards that there was nothing special. I actually only learnt to cook scrambled eggs properly last year - I know that sounds ridiculous but it's true. I read it in another cook book and followed it exactly, until then I had been cooking them wrong for years (I generally used the microwave and produced a rubbery, tasteless and watery result - I rarely eat them then!). 

So I figured that now I had started the cooking project I may was well carry on and make the nut roast in there for Christmas day. I'm quite impressed with the result. I am still picking bits of hand blended nut out of my hair several hours later...I really need to invest in a food processor if this project is to be successful. I did have a quick look on Amazon for one...I gave up when it returned nearly 800 results!! 800?? I clearly need to do a bit of research first! 

Anyway, this is what I will be eating on Christmas day...and probably for a few days afterwards too!


In the meantime, I have more cleaning to do :( , bye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...