Thursday 27 December 2012

And so that was Christmas...

I'm poor. I'm fat. I'm lazy. My house is full of cardboard. Well, that must mean that Christmas is over? 

I love Christmas, but thankfully it is over (for all the reasons above!). I did actually take the cardboard to the skips earlier but there is still more to leave for Flintshire County Council! 

We had a great time, the nest are all very happy, and I got some fantastic gifts this year...I'll show you in a minute!  So, Christmas day was quite normal. It started with me waking up first at 7am and announcing to myself that I have 'Rubbish Children' that were still asleep before proceeding to make as much noise as possible to wake them up...even Oscar the cat joined in with this and failed. After an hour (!) Child #1 did finally wake up and then woke the other 2 up...at 8:15am (most normal kids had been up for at least a couple of hours by then!!).

Stocking were opened, before we stopped for tea and breakfast. We then opened everything else that 'Santa' had left - I think Child #3 was just going along with the whole santa thing this year just in case it might be true but didn't actually believe it anymore.






The remainder of the day was spent cooking dinner (my nut roast was delicious - I was so pleased that I made the effort), building lego, picking up endless rubbish, and eating. I think the best present received by my children were the headphones the Child #2 requested. They were expensive but it seems that I no longer need to listen to the 'music' that she listens to at the same time...well worth the expense!!

Anyway, back to my presents! I got some brilliant stuff this year. 

I got an Emily Peacock Hug kit which I have started (but I have also finished my jumper which I have yet to show you). 




My mother made lots of jewellery....




And a parrot to hang in the window...



Child #2 bought me this candle...



Child #1 bought me these bracelets....




and this sweet sweet little set of Cath Kidston buttons!...



I now own this fantastic bird cage umbrella...(I love rain all of a sudden!)...



and finally...a Kirsty's Vintage home book... (Signed copy!)...



Along with the usual chocolates etc. I think that most of my presents really reflect the things I love to wear and do...well done to everyone that contributed and hope you also had a very good Christmas!

I'm off to do a bit more of the Hug kit, drink some really good red wine, and watch a DVD with Child #2 (stocking gift!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...