Thursday 20 December 2012

All sorts!

Well my last few posts have been about specific things really but around all of those things the general day to day stuff is continuing so I feel the need to just blog about all the things I have left out of the last few posts, in a kind of 'catch-up' way.

They are in no specific order so I will start with today. Today I finished work until the 8th January. I love the Christmas break for so many reasons but mainly because its a bit of a serious re-charge. As its Christmas I don't feel obliged to do that much and the nest don't care what we do, even if its not much as they have their new things to keep them entertained too. Work today was great, and my amazing team had me on the verge of tears at one point! They are fab! Why? because they are thoughtful, hard working, they have a bond (despite their minor niggles day to day), they are happy and they get the job done. I always buy them all a bottle of wine for Christmas, and whilst it was a surprise the first year, I know that although they would never expect it now, they know I will. They deserve it too, for all the reasons above. This year, they bought me a gift too. There are 12 of them in the main team, and they secretly put together a series of comedy photo's (one of them for each month) and bought me a calendar with them all in. Its brilliant, and I have already shown it to lots of other colleagues that love it too. They each have one too which is even more brilliant.

Today was a really nice day at work too, involving lots of wishing others a happy Christmas, a kind of student Carol/dance thing at the end of the day, followed by a bit of an informal staff thing in reception to end it all. Oh, and I also got a big box of chocolates from work too. (The healthy eating will be re-started in the new year I think - 18 bottles of wine arriving tomorrow too which isn't going to help!)

So, aside from today, I have lots of other things to tell you. I made this recently...


I did mention it a couple of posts ago but I promised to show you the final thing. I still fancy making a slightly bigger one too though.

The students held a handmade market recently and I purchased these...



Cartfef means 'Home' in Welsh. Their theme this year is home hence there were lots of things like this, and also stuff with cups of tea etc on. 

Child #2 and I always do a Christmas Jigsaw and this year I bought us a new one as we have been repeating the same one for three years now!...


I couldn't wait any longer so we started this on Saturday evening...its ace as I get some quality time with child #2 although a little helper came and joined for a short while too this year...

 

So, until my final stock arrives (which may be at the post office right now!) I am unable to put my first Felicity Stitches kit up for sale so I will wait until then to show you it. In the meantime I have been knitting (existing project which I should complete by the end of the year). I have also been reviewing my cookery books to pick out a suitable Julie & Julia project book. I am quite excited by the thought of learning new cookery skills and trying some foods I might otherwise shy away from like STILTON!...bring it on! So I think this is the book...


Its got all sorts in it from basic stuff to entertaining type things. Wish me luck! So from now on it will be known as the Vivod & Sarah Brown Project!  I might begin the project over the next few days, in the meantime I have created a page with all the recipes which I will update as I cook them all. You can view this here Vivod & Julie Brown Project.

I think that's it for now. It was all a bit random but that's life!  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...