Monday 29 October 2012

Cath Kidston Shoulder Bag

I really was on a roll yesterday. After I finished telling you about the cushion and tunic I carried on sewing. Do you remember when I bought these?...


Well, the 'Sew!' book came with a kit to make the little bag featured on the cover. Consequently the remainder of yesterday was spent making it. It didn't take too long either (which is good for someone that has 'issues' with finishing things). At 3pm it looked like this...


These were taken between sometime before 5pm...




I stopped for some dinner and then finished the whole thing, apart from the button holes by 7pm. I decided to do the button holes by hand partly because I knew that finding the right bits for the sewing machine would be a mission given the current state of the stash cupboard. This is where everything goes - I say everything, but its currently full to the brim and therefore everything that doesn't fit is scattered around the house somewhere. I occasionally worry that when I'm old I will end up on one of those hoarder fly-on-the-wall documentary things, having to climb in and out of rooms containing bags of wool, fabric, paper, buttons, beads and anything else I that I cannot bear to part with, stacked to the ceiling. I do hope not anyway!

So, back to the bag, by about 9 ish it was finished...



I was quite proud. I don't do that much sewing because I'm often too lazy to get the sewing machine out and faff about with things when I can, instead, just grab some wool and a hook or needle and get going but I think I should make the effort to do more. They do make for quick 'finish in a day' projects too!

1 comment:

  1. It’s nice collection! The fashion shoulder bag is at the bag store www.25880.com .

    ReplyDelete

Comments...