Friday 30 December 2016

Life without a kitchen

(Originally written around mid August.)

The building work was fascinating to watch while everything was outside my home but around the beginning of July things got more complicated when they knocked through. It was around this time that I dreaded my phone ringing when I was at work (in case something had gone wrong) and dreaded going home whilst being excited at the same time.

So when I went to work one day leaving my house like this...




And then came home to find this....



Followed one day later by this...




And by the 26th July this is all that remained...



Our kitchen sink!


Things took some getting used to. We did still have a kitchen though, but it was just in the front room instead...obviously! I knew that living without a kitchen would be tricky but it's not until you actually experience something that you really understand the reality.





Adjusting to life without a dishwasher or even a kitchen sink with running hot water was challenging. There was ranting and heated conversations with the nest in relation to washing up and not taking the **** I can assure you! But I am pleased to say that we survived and to be honest, I think we coped better than most would have done. When my eldest uttered 'I think I might go Vegan' one day I did, after counting to 10, manage to stay calm and respond with 'It would be better if you waited until September when we have a kitchen...'. To her credit she accepted this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...