Wednesday 1 January 2014

Wepre Woods in Winter

Happy New Year!

I'm on a mid Christmas decoration removal break so thought I would pop in and say hello rather than just sit here idly. 

In 2012 I took you on a walk through Wepre Woods and I promised to show you this same walk during other seasons. We have been on it since but I didn't blog as this was in the summer. One of my Christmas presents was a new pair of wellies from Cath Kidston so, after eating too much and being far too lazy, I suggested to my youngest that we could go for a walk in Wepre Woods? A little to my surprise he agreed (he did get an Xbox for Christmas you see) so off we went. Again, this post is mostly pictures but that is the point of it really.

The Wellies













Like most of the country we have suffered some really bad winds recently so we saw lots of sights like this all over the woods.













  





This was my favourite picture this time.








I had to test them properly by paddling!










It was really nice to get out of the house for a couple of hours. We had very festive 'picnic' by the castle too consisting of satsuma's, crisps, and a mince pie. Child #3 is now desperate to go again because, following this outing, we realised his wellies were a bit too small, so he now owns a new pair too. His are superman ones though. It has rained constantly since then and I am too much of a wimp to do this when it's actually raining (I'm sure he wouldn't mind at all though!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...