Saturday 3 August 2013

Greenacres Farm Park

Wow, it's been a while! Lots has happened, lots of things I need to tell you about. As usual, I've been busy.

Let's start with the Farm Park. I've not been to the Mancot farm park since before child #3 was born but I did remember that it was a great day out for kids. Our visit was a bit spontaneous. I had a couple of weeks off work (well I was at home...we merged with another college on August 1st so things are a little crazy at work lately so I've been doing lots while I've been 'on leave'). Anyway, I decided we needed a day out.

It was great, weather was still good, and the farm park was just as good as I remember, deceptively bigger than you think too. 

I took a whopping 153 photos! Here are some of them...




You can buy poultry, pig and goat food when you buy tickets. The animals aren't stupid...you only have to take a step towards the ones you can feed and they huddle around instantly for food!







"take a photo of me with the bird!"...




"Take a photo of me with the clown"....


"Take a photo of me with the.." (You get the idea!)...



Never too big for the park....




This guy was great, biggest rodent apparently....still cute though...







 

We were on the tractor ride at this point, this guy's trained to perform 'smiles' and jumps in return for half a loaf of bread from the farmer. Obviously he goes by the name 'smiler' too! 



These were my favourite, we spotted them wandering around down by the shire horses. So I followed them...









I must admit, she has her ducklings under far better control than I have mine! She did shout a lot more than I do though!

"Don't take pictures of me!!"...





"But if you insist then I am quite the poser!"


This bit is ace too, you can sit in this little under cover shelter circle and they bring out loads of the animals for you to look at, stroke and feed...







Finally, before leaving, Child #3 had to have a go on the pony ride...






Fab day out! 

Back soon (honest!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...